PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:06 am 
Forum Contributor

Guys,

Does anyone have any php tutorials (either text or video) to recommend to me to learn how to build my own php proxy ? You see, I'm actually trying to give you a frame on my website where you can use that to navigate to websites. I want to be able to track what websites and webpages you visit either by typing direct the url or by clicking links. Don;t ask me why would any visit use such a frame only to be tracked because that's a long story. I just need your suggestions on the technical parts.
I was suggested to look into url_rewriting which I am looking into now and was suggested MiniProxy which seems to be doing the job I wanted.
https://github.com/joshdick/miniProxy

However, saying all this, I need to learn how to build such a proxy and so on the lookout for upto date tutorials. Youtube is yielding a lot of outdated tutorials on cURL and hardly any vids show you how to program/write your own php proxy. I tried understanding the codes that made-up the miniProxy but it's seeming too complicated for a beginner. Having to do a lot of guess work which part of the code does what and that is not a proper way to learn. Thefore, hunting the perfect beginner level tutorial.

Any suggestions welcome!

PS - Looking also for proper upto date tutorials on url_rewriting. No, php.net I can use as a reference but not a good place to start learning for a beginner!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:08 pm 
Site Administrator

You could build a browser inside a browser using Javascript and an iframe for the browser part. You'd need to inject Javascript into the pages to track clicks. That can maybe be done all in Javascript, but you might need PHP/cURL -- that would be the proxy part.

(#10850)