PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:23 am 
Forum Newbie

Hi Everybody,

Can I use localhost to test the Facebook App. I have already tried with the following, but it comes up with no result.

1) I have tried with changing the windows host file which is under(path : c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/), and then changing the httpd-vhosts.conf which you will find(path : xampp/apache/conf/extra/).

I have changed my localhost to local.sitename i.e http://local.sitename/ using the above.

2) Secondly, I tried use the following code

$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 2);

to stop the SSL verification.

3) Thirdly, I tried to put http://localhost:9000/ as call back url in Facebook App.

But i am getting the same error,
SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

Can anyone please help, I think localhost is the problem for testing facebook app, and note that i am working in cloud environment. Please suggest me, can i use LOCALHOST for testing Facebook App.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:09 am 
Forum Commoner

The quickest way I can think of to start debugging this is to move your code to an online server (there a plenty of free webhosts to choose from) and point the callback url to that location, and see if it works properly. If it does or does not, you'll know if you should be looking at your machine or the code.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:54 am 

Alternately, you could forward port 80 to that machine and use your public IP address.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:49 pm 
Forum Commoner

Quote:
Alternately, you could forward port 80 to that machine and use your public IP address.

Yes, however, if there is a configuration problem is with that machine, it's going to (I think) act exactly the same. If you put it on a web hosting provider, more often than not, their machine is going to be configured properly all the time (it's in their best interest). And if it still comes up with the same error, you can be sure there is a pretty good chance the problem is in the code and not with some type of configuration issue.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:46 pm 
Forum Newbie

I want to the answer of this same question. Can someone help me?