PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:16 pm 
DevNet Evangelist

We are developing an sophisticated ERP system for Aerospace re-manufacturing. Currently the platform is built on a legacy PHP MVC framework and Sencha ExtJS 3.2.1.

We are launching in the next month or so and will require on-boarding a junior/intermediate developer to assist in daily developments, bug fixes, etc. You can expect about 15-20hrs/week - with a hourly pay of $20-30/hour depending on experience (Canadian/American funds are negotiable). That being said, you ***must must must*** reside in Canada or the USA (preferably the former as we prefer to pay in CDN).

You will be expected to work during our operating hours (8am-4pm) monday through friday. I expect you to call and speak to me daily on the phone for at least 30 mins to synchronize expectations (unless indicated otherwise). We use Trello, Github and NetBeans - you absolutely must be familiar with them or at least willing to learn and/or change your developer habits.

Ideally you are familiar with Vagrant, puppet and build automation tools such as Phing, automated testing (ie: PHPUnit) and code quality in general. Have an excellent understanding of OOP concepts (ie: OCP, SRP, etc) as well as be comfortable working in a full stack framework and ORM such as Symfony 2/3 - we are planning to migrate to a modernized backend once the project has launched and settled a bit.

Experience in working with javascript, especially advanced UI frameworks like Sencha ExtJS is a requirement - I am willing to give you a couple weeks grace period to learn the ins and outs - but extensive JS experience is required - I will know in a few days whether you can perform to my expectations.

Lastly, familiarity with reporting engines like CrystalReports and/or preferably JasperServer would be a huge asset as we use Jasper extensively for most of the reporting.

PM for more details.

Regards,
Alex