PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:01 pm 
Forum Newbie

I am a beginner in PHP, so I need your help and advise. I made a website, few pages on html\css. Registration page with PHP form and mysql in localhost. I don't use any engines like WP or Joomla, because I want to practise my PHP skills. But I don't have an idea do I have to install WP or Joomla anyway, or to write my own engine? Please give me some tips for my future site development? What to do next?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:56 am 
Site Administrator

It really depends on what features you want. If your site will be simple and you really want to learn PHP, then you can build it yourself. If it is very simple you can just code it straight in PHP. Or, you can use a framework as the basis for your site. There is also Composer/Packagist that can help you use other people code with your code.

However, if you want a site with all the features of Wordpress for example, then it is easy to install and you can learn a little PHP by customizing it.

(#10850)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:37 am 
Forum Newbie

WP and joomla are CMS and you don't need to install them for simple website. But if you want to create a custom website in wordpress then you must install it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:06 am 
Forum Newbie

If your site is simple, then HTML is fine. However, if you want to have some good features and save your time, then Wordpress or Joomla is the best option.

For Example, if you are building an e-commerce website, then Magento or PrestaShop is good. However, if you are building just a simple website with content, then HTML is fine.