PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:57 am 
Forum Newbie

Greetings,
I was planning to develop this web application for this company. The application I'm about to develop is an application that manages sales info, bank reconciliation, inventory, human resource and the like. The company demands it to be custom made and web based. I'm a junior php developer and didn't know what to start with. I used to develop with PHP and MySQL, and I used to code from scratch. Now I want your ideas on what tools to use or any idea worth to share. I was plannin to use joomla's platform (don't know if it's possible) then manage users, modules and the basic things from the backend and so on. I just want it to be professional. I heard something like Zend, cakePHP but don't know what they are. Can anyone help? Thanks in Advance!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:47 am 
Forum Newbie

Try http://www.yiiframework.com/

It is Object oriented, modern, fast and easy to use PHP framework.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:37 am 
Forum Commoner

Instead of using Joomla I would recommend Drupal as you can get User Controls and Access Control by default, Can also find some modules and plugins available as per your requirement like Inventory and Human Resource modules.

Drupal can also be used as a PHP framework.

Otherwise if you want to develop everything from scratch then you should go for Zend Framework as it has extensive library support. You can extend and use libs in all ways you want.