PHP Algorithm for Destination.

Not for 'how-to' coding questions but PHP theory instead, this forum is here for those of us who wish to learn about design aspects of programming with PHP.

Moderator: General Moderators

santi_93
Forum Newbie

PHP Algorithm for Destination.

Post by santi_93 »

Hi guys;

As part of a project I need to design some sort of algorithm which will search the closest match (Destination), however I am unsure as to what data I need and which specific algorithms or code will be needed.
pickle
Briney Mod

Re: PHP Algorithm for Destination.

Post by pickle »

"Destination" isn't a data type, so it's hard to help. Is that a set of lat/long co-ordinates? Street address? Cartesian co-ordinates?
Real programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
santi_93
Forum Newbie

Post by santi_93 »

I am creating a system which will help users find local business for certain categories. In the sign up page the users must enter in there full address which includes House number/address, city, town and postcode. So I need to creae/find an algorithm that will use these details to find the most local business.
Celauran

Post by Celauran »

You could create a bounding box and then use the Haversine formula on results inside that box.