What is different between PHP and Core PHP?

Not for 'how-to' coding questions but PHP theory instead, this forum is here for those of us who wish to learn about design aspects of programming with PHP.

Moderator: General Moderators

sinhapooja634
Forum Newbie

What is different between PHP and Core PHP?

Post by sinhapooja634 »

Hi,

I want to develop my website into php application. What is the difference between php and core php? Tell me.
requinix
Spammer :|

Re: What is different between PHP and Core PHP?

Post by requinix »

PHP is the language. "Core PHP" I don't know, I've never heard that term before, but I would guess it means the parts of PHP that aren't provided by extensions.
Christopher
Site Administrator

Post by Christopher »

I don't think "core php" is a very common term. It usually means PHP and its libraries, as opposed to a framework that wraps the core libraries in an OOP interface.
(#10850)
lucky_garg11
Forum Newbie

Post by lucky_garg11 »

Core generally refers to any functionality that ships with PHP which is not provided by an extension. Any time you use PHP you're using core.
martin smith
Forum Newbie

Post by martin smith »

PHP is a server side scripting language designed for web development and also used as general purpose programming language.
Core PHP is just basic knowledge of PHP
ashleyjohn
Forum Newbie

Post by ashleyjohn »

Core generally refers to any functionality that ships with PHP which is not provided by an extension. Any time you use PHP you're using core.
zonadev
Forum Newbie

Post by zonadev »

requinix wrote:PHP is the language. "Core PHP" I don't know, I've never heard that term before, but I would guess it means the parts of PHP that aren't provided by extensions.

PHP is a programming language, used to power about 80% of the internet.
corePHP is a company run by a very nice group of people, who in the past have made some <span style='color:blue' title='I&#39;m naughty, are you naughty?'>smurf</span> crazy integrations between WordPress and Joomla.