PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:12 pm 
Forum Newbie

Hi all,

I have a running postgresql 7.3 server with apache 2.0 and php 4.2 installed to serve clients in my LAN. I recently received a task to upgrade the server. Right now I'm testing the new server with postgresql 8.1, apache 2.2 and php 5.1 (all FC 6 package). I've copied all php scripts, edited the newer php.ini and made changes (not the codes) to global.inc.php up to the point successfully making a connection to the new database running in localhost through my browser.

Now the problem is the session duration was 0.01 seconds, after I've successfully connected with the database server it immediately disconnect. Here's what shows in my pg_log:

LOG: connection received: host=[local]
LOG: connection authorized: user=xxxx database=xxxx
LOG: disconnection: session time: 0:00:00.01 user=xxxx database=xxxx host=[local]

LOG: connection received: host=127.0.0.1 port=58664
LOG: connection authorized: user=xxxx database=xxxx
LOG: disconnection: session time: 0:00:00.32 user=xxxx database=xxxx host=127.0.0.1 port=58664

The first entry in my log was generated by the index.php script (did not changed that one), the second entry was generated by my own test script made for comparation purpose.

I can't login with my user and pass to my front end application (index.php), because before it can check users table in my db the connection was terminated. Is this a coding error or configuration error in postgresql? Where did I go wrong? Any suggestions?:?

FYI: I'm not a programmer. :oops: