New Frameworks Forum

Where we keep all the boring tidbits about the PHPDN site, the news, and what not.

Moderator: General Moderators

jason
Site Admin

New Frameworks Forum

Post by jason »

By popular demand, and after numerous discussions, someone decided to put up a PHP Frameworks forum. It's pretty simple. If you have questions geared toward using a publish PHP Framework like Zend or CodeIgniter, that's where you should post. Simple enough. Enjoy!
s.dot
Tranquility In Moderation

Re: New Frameworks Forum

Post by s.dot »

Just curious, would it be more suitable to have a frameworks section with forums for the top 3/4 popular frameworks, and then an additional forum for all other frameworks?

It seems to me that, for example, a person interested in volunteering help for Zend would rather go to the zend framework forum than manipulate through lots of others posts for different frameworks.

EDIT| Nevermind, I guess the same could be said for databases and we currently handle that all in one forum.
Set Search Time - A google chrome extension. When you search only results from the past year (or set time period) are displayed. Helps tremendously when using new technologies to avoid outdated results.
jason
Site Admin

Post by jason »

I considered that, but if we get enough Framework questions for any particular framework over others, we'll branch them off. Until then, let's see if the Framework forum get's enough questions. =)
Jonah Bron
DevNet Master

Post by Jonah Bron »

Is the Frameworks forum suitable for asking questions about other types of platforms, such as CMSs?
Christopher
Site Administrator

Post by Christopher »

I think it would be appropriate if you were adding functionality to an application that was built on top of a framework layer. Otherwise, question on how to customize an application would probably just go in the General or PHP forums.
(#10850)
Jonah Bron
DevNet Master

Post by Jonah Bron »

So you mean asking a question about making a plugin would be okay, but asking about modifying the platform itself wouldn't?
phillknowles
Forum Newbie

Post by phillknowles »

hi, this is so nice framework forum..i am using this from last two month..and this is useful for mine..