PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:07 pm 
Forum Newbie

Hello,
we are non-profit organisation Fonds "No sirds" Foundation (From heart) located in Latvia, Riga and we are seeking for web developer & designer to build a donating platform where we could put our projects of helping children and all people who is seeking for donations. In Latvia is hard to find good web developer who would volunteer for this kind of task so we like to seek help from abroad. If anybody would like to volunteer to help our organisation, latvian children and people.
Project would look like this
http://www.ziedot.lv/en/

please contact us info@nosirds.lv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:48 pm 
Forum Newbie

Hi -

My name is Steven Correa and I am from the United States. I started my IT career in programming, primarily C and C++, with some Java experience. I am trying to learn PHP and I have taken on small projects, but I am looking to expand my portfolio and take on something a bit larger.

In the past, all development work I have completed came with a mock-up (also known as a design document). I am not the most creative person with respect to designing the user interface or graphics design, but I have strong skills in terms of implementation and testing.

I have experience with PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, CSS and HtML5. Please note that although I have MySQL experience, I am not a trained DBA. If you already have a DBA or a DB schematic, then I should have no problem working with your existing design or implementing the design provided by your DBA.

Please let me know if you are interested in moving forward with your project. If you are, then the only questions I have for now would be:

1) What is the scope of the site? After the user logs into the site, what actions can he/she take?
2) Are you hosting your own web server?
3) Who will maintain the website?
4) Will your site also have to be maintained in Swedish, Russian, Latvian and English? Please note that I speak American English.

I think as long as the project is not too large, I am confident that I can handle the project on my own. Otherwise, if the project is too large, then you may need quite a few more developers.