PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.
 
Loading
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: GIMP Animation
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:38 pm 
Offline
Forum Commoner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:27 pm
Posts: 34
Location: USA, Texas
Anyone know of any good tutorials for animations in gimp? Gimp is like the underdog, they have everything for photoshop, but not gimp :(.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:15 am 
Offline
Forum Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:47 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
If you are talking about GIF animations, they're quite easily created in GIMP with layers -- each layer is an animation frame. Upon saving, the wizard lets you configure the frame delays and such.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:34 pm 
Offline
Forum Commoner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:27 pm
Posts: 34
Location: USA, Texas
dbevfat wrote:
If you are talking about GIF animations, they're quite easily created in GIMP with layers -- each layer is an animation frame. Upon saving, the wizard lets you configure the frame delays and such.


This I know, i was wondering about advanced animations.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:42 am 
Offline
Jedi Mod
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:03 pm
Posts: 5263
Location: usrlab.com
serfczar_ wrote:
This I know, i was wondering about advanced animations.

A search for 'gimp animation' in Google turned up http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Advanced_Animations/ .. I guess that's what you're after. It covers the GAP (Gimp Animation Plugin).

Mind you, if you mean things like keyframing, onion skinning, asset management, motion effects and so on, I imagine you'd be a lot better off using a dedicated animation application.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:44 am 
Offline
Forum Commoner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:27 pm
Posts: 34
Location: USA, Texas
onion2k wrote:
serfczar_ wrote:
This I know, i was wondering about advanced animations.

A search for 'gimp animation' in Google turned up http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Advanced_Animations/ .. I guess that's what you're after. It covers the GAP (Gimp Animation Plugin).

Mind you, if you mean things like keyframing, onion skinning, asset management, motion effects and so on, I imagine you'd be a lot better off using a dedicated animation application.


Do you know of any of these kind of applications?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:00 am 
Offline
Jedi Mod
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:03 pm
Posts: 5263
Location: usrlab.com
I use Flash for animating things, but there's loads of alternatives: http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Graphics/Animation/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIMP Animation
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:08 am 
Offline
Forum Newbie

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:33 am
Posts: 1
What is the best animation software to use with solidworks? Looking for animation software to use with Solidowrks, something easy to use but with good results. I have heard good things about Bunkspeed Hypermove so Im kinda leaning towards that. I basically need to create an animation for a new product being released and need to show it off at a show in a few weeks.
____________________
market samurai ~ marketsamurai ~ marketsamurai.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GIMP Animation
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:19 pm 
Offline
Forum Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 5
gladysila wrote:
What is the best animation software to use with solidworks? Looking for animation software to use with Solidowrks, something easy to use but with good results. I have heard good things about Bunkspeed Hypermove so Im kinda leaning towards that. I basically need to create an animation for a new product being released and need to show it off at a show in a few weeks.



I dont think solidworks is a good software the best software for animations is photoshop.. If you dont have a licence... then ask someone who has it..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group