PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:18 am 
Forum Commoner

Yes I know it is but I havent gotten longer then using the main language of each country which is Ukrainian in Ukraine (right?) I am working right now on settings where users can select theire country and language :)

Also the first time you visit Gedoo a cookie will save with all your information (language, country, ect) so if you go on a holiday it wont change unless you delete your cookies.. But when I get the language selector up and running this wont be any issues anyways ;)

Thanks for clearing that out :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:54 am 

dominod wrote:
Yes I know it is but I havent gotten longer then using the main language of each country which is Ukrainian in Ukraine (right?)

More or less. In some regions Russian is prevalent, especially in urban areas. Interesting, though - you display meta.ua's search names in Russian:
Attachment:
screenshot1.png
screenshot1.png [ 82.07 KiB | Viewed 5310 times ]

In Ukrainian that would be Meta Закони & Meta Реферати (note the different letter at the end of the words).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 am 
Forum Commoner

Thanks for letting me know that :) The reason for that as you might know is that I am not Ukrainian so i just use Google translate to try to understand what language sites are in and what the name of the search engine is..

Now I changed what u said and I also created a table of all Ukrainian search engines.. Could u do me a favor and check it out quick and see if all the search engines are named the right thing?

check out: http://www.gedoo.com/ukr/

Thanks for your help though :) Have a nice day!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:33 am 

Replied via PM - this was getting too much offtopic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:40 am 
Forum Regular

dominod wrote:
I see what you mean now ;) Actually Gedoo offers a feature like this. If someone searches for "Anklebert Scherzinger" in lets say Facebook. Then the next time someone is searching for "Anklebert Scherzinger" it will suggest Facebook at the top of the left-list you see at the search results :) The only different is that its not only social media results it is all search eninges and it doesnt display how many search results :) Test the feature out and let me know what you think ;)

Sure, but I suppose I was thinking of a single search like People: Jim Sock which would return collated results from a variety of sources, as opposed to a specific search against a single website/engine such as Facebook.com: Jim Sock.

I don't know that Jim has a Facebook account, but being an ex-patriot Scotsman he might have something more obscure like a Kiltr account: rather than my conducting individual searches of all the main social media sites (like Facebook.com: Jim Sock, Bebo.com: Jim Sock, LinkedIn.com: Jim Sock and so on ad infinitum) I was thinking of a single search that would do the hard work for me.

Negative results could be disregarded - so if Jim doesn't have a Facebook account and there are no likely permutations registered on Facebook (such as James Sock or Jimmy Sock) then nothing relating to Facebook would be shown in the results.

Appreciate however this could be outwith the scope of what you're trying to do with Gedoo, or completely impracticable, or both ;-)