PHP/SOAP/SSL/CASD

Discussions of secure PHP coding. Security in software is important, so don't be afraid to ask. And when answering: be anal. Nitpick. No security vulnerability is too small.

Moderator: General Moderators

psyclo
Forum Newbie

PHP/SOAP/SSL/CASD

Post by psyclo »

I hate acronyms!!
OK, I'm using PHP code to access CA Service Desk (CASD), via its Web Services interface. It requires a secure connection using SSL, and beyond that internal authentication. I have the URL to the WSDL, and can connect to CASD using an open non-SSL connection on a development server. However, I can't get the SSL connection to work right. I get a client object, but none of the CA methods work. Can anyone help?

Code: Select all

// Here is some code.
$CASDURL = 'https://{secureserver.com}:8443/axis/services/USD_R11_WebService?wsdl';
// We are using self-signed certificates (whatever that is), so:
	$context = stream_context_create(
		array(
			'SSL' => array(
				'allow_self_signed' => TRUE
			)
		)
	);
// Now I create the client:
	$client = @new SoapClient(
		($CASDURL,
		array(
			"exceptions" => 1,
			"stream_context" => $context
		)
	);
// Now I need to log into the CASD to start a session:
	$sid = $client->login(array('username' => 'myuserid', 'password' => 'mypassword'));
// This line fails, saying it cannot connect to the host.
My eternal gratitude to anyone who can help me out.
Thanks.
greip
Forum Commoner

Re: PHP/SOAP/SSL/CASD

Post by greip »

I see you have the @ error suppression operator in the statement where you create the SoapClient. Perhaps if you remove that, you'll learn something that will help you understand what's going on. Also, I assume that the {secureserver.com} part of the URL is a token for your real server.