PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:56 pm 
Forum Newbie

Hi,

My name is Artur and I'm from Poland, European Union.
I would like to stay in touch with someone who lives in USA (doesn't matter where exacly as long as it's on USA territory).
It's important to me that this person is over 21 or 18 (I don't know which one is treated as "adult" in which state) and has an eye on american network activity.
What I think about is:
- watch american network for all news about websites, projects and startups like facebook, classmates, twitter and so on
- once something grows fast enough and might turn out to be a good business opportunity - then quickly grab and idea and recreate it in Poland and maybe other european countries

This idea came out few days ago. Since all (100%) of polish and european big websites are mirrors of yours, so why not to give it a try? But I need someone who lives in USA, knows at least something about network and will to spot new, intresting ideas.

I am absolutley sure that many persons will replay to my e-mail, which is pikowytrefl@ gmail.com (delete space next to @ mark) and I can keep in touch with only one of You.

So if you guys find it a good possibility for both of us to make some money, feel free to write.

Thanks

ps. im not a bot or some web scammer. I will never ask You for Your money :)

Artur

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:20 am 
Forum Regular

The world is small, sir!

If you like you yourself can simply follow CNN (http://cnn.com) or perhaps Digg (http://digg.com) or maybe Slash Dot (http://slashdot.com). Unfortunately, you are unlikely to find any idea that you could somehow localize when you're dealing with the Internet, short of convincing the originator to restrict it out of your country.

All of the examples you've mentioned earlier are perfectly international, should people want to use them.

Other tools you can look into are Google Trends, and Alexa's ranking system.

Bottom line; having an Internet "Spy" in another country will do you no particular good, since it's all open to you as well! It's the beauty of the free world. If you think you can do a better job than any of the "big guys", then go for it! Oh, and if it is better, don't forget to tell us here in America, since we might want to use it.