PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:15 pm 
Forum Newbie

My office is very nice working environment.I have different thing on my desk One Laptop, One Computer,Keyboard,moniter,wireless mouse, Wireless modem for internet,some of daily report file,pen and book,one Class of water.This a today's list.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:13 am 
Forum Newbie

volomike wrote:
If you're a freelancer, and for many years you were in a half-walled cubicle with no window, too much noise, no door, and too much fluorescent lighting -- well, live it up! Make your new world so unlike what ridiculous things you had to endure in your previous day job.

Wood flooring is better, although I do recommend large carpets rolled out in certain areas. Right now my home office is carpeted and I really need to change that.

I also noticed that if you go to the LazyBoy stores, at least in the USA, they have this $1000 fireplace you can purchase that is completely fake but looks fantastic. It can either be used to turn out heat through an electric heater, or you can turn that off and just enjoy the warm ambiance while you work. When I looked at it, I completely laughed because it looks so incredibly real but is not.

If you want decency but on the cheap, I've heard of some people stacking glass block with
led lights inside and sticking a flat door on top. Stain the wood door with faux mahogany styling and it will make you feel better. On the bottom, drill holes and inject with small amounts of spray foam to make it sturdier, then plug the holes. The door handle hole makes a great place to drop cable. Some people use cinder block instead of glass block if they want a real hardy look. However, for $1000, the Kathy Ireland Bay Heights collection (dinner table minus chairs + server cabinet) is a super cheap option that suits me very well. Some may say, $1000 <> super cheap. However, if you go to OfficeMax, that's about the average price for just the start of one of their particle board solutions. The glass block route + LED route also adds up pretty quick in cost too.

Oh, on the two monitor thing -- I decided to save the cash. I have an existing 19" LCD Panel that does well, and then I just use the LCD on the laptop. I set things up in Xinerama mode (which, by the way, was a PITA to get going on even the latest Ubuntu) so that I can drag windows from one to the other. So that I don't pound or spill drinks on my laptop's less-powerful keyboard, I use a separate keyboard on USB cable and a wireless mouse. I'm not a fan of wireless keyboards yet because I have too much wireless interference as is. Nothing's more aggravating than typing applications and finding it's missing keystrokes. So, for now, a USB cabled keyboard is what I use for
now

Building my home office very soon.. I am a freelancer and looking to improve my business.. Would love to apply some of the tips mentioned in your post