Upgraded to 4.1.5 no other change and FATAL ERROR !!

Swift Mailer is a fantastic library for sending email with php. Discuss this library or ask any questions about it here.

Moderators: Chris Corbyn, General Moderators

geddi
Forum Commoner

Upgraded to 4.1.5 no other change and FATAL ERROR !!

Post by geddi »

Hi,

Today I checked my registration script which sends out a confirmation email and noticed a warning:
Warning: The magic method __call() must have public visibility and cannot be static in /home/gigme77/public_html/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php on line 213
But the emails are at least delivered.

So I thought that it may be because I was using an older version of
the library and something has changed.

So I downloaded the latest version: 4.1.5 and uploaded
the lib directory to my server.

Now I get a worse result:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_TransportException' with message 'Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "james.gigme77" using 2 possible authenticators' in /home/gigme77/public_html/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/Esmtp/AuthHandler.php:176 Stack trace: #0 /home/gigme77/public_html/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(307): Swift_Transport_Esmtp_AuthHandler->afterEhlo(Object(Swift_SmtpTransport)) #1 /home/gigme77/public_html/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(124): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->_doHeloCommand() #2 /home/gigme77/public_html/lib/classes/Swift/Mailer.php(79): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start() #3 /home/gigme77/public_html/send_email.php(67): Swift_Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Array) #4 /home/gigme77/public_html/index.php(181): require('/home/gigme77/p...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/gigme77/public_html/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/Esmtp/AuthHandler.php on line 176
Why is this ?
The user name is valid ... it worked fine with the previous /lib

In fact I have swapped them back and forth to check and I get the same results
without ANY change to my calling script.

I have looked at the usage of the classes and nothing appears to have
changed radically.

Have I missed something ?

How can I fix this ?

Thanks.