PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:45 am 
Forum Newbie

Hey there - New here
Seems like a good place to ask a q like this. I have been programming alone on a big project and am ready to look for a coupla guys to go the long haul with me on an education delivery and management system.

I've put out a few feelers, but don't really know how to go about finding a team. What I'd like to do is work together with at least one php guy, and at least on game dev guy. The problem is that it isn't a set job param. It is an ongoing project. In don't want to just hand it over to someone, because I am programming too, and it needs to become, not just to be. I want collaboration and long term, good guys to work with.

I live in Korea, and have little contact with anyone here except my students and a few general friends, but there is no programming community here at all.

I do php, AS3, JavaScript, ajax, etc. I've been working on it for about 3 years and have built my edu platform a few times; enough to know what it needs to be.

Any ideas on how to put something like that together? I'm talking about people, you know? A team of steady, not necessarily high energy, but mature plodders.

Last edited by Jeffrogers on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:57 am 

Put the project up on GitHub and post about it in the Volunteer Work forum?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:57 pm 
Forum Newbie

Good suggestion. I have been looking into github today, and got something set up. Thanks for that. Any other suggestions? Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:27 am 
Forum Newbie

Hey Christopher
I don't know if my earlier message went through, but I am following up on your kind inquiry regarding an educational platform that I am working on. You appear to have experience in that area, so I am interested in your thoughts.

I was inspired by the Khan Academy and what is represented there in the potential improvements that may be garnered through a digitally delivered and monitored system. Sol Khan speaks eloquently to that in some of his Ted Talks and other interviews. I think some of my own concepts can further define and develop that potential in a different context.

As a provider, my organization will be developing curriculum and making that available to students through and open enrolment site subscription, and through an institutional enrolment avenue as well. Institutional accounts can start as School Users who manage Teacher Users, who in turn manage Student Users. However, if teachers want to use the system unattached to a school, they may do so with the system acting as sort of a proxy institution. Likewise, students may initialize unencumbered accounts if they have no teacher or school support, with the systems similarly acting in place of teacher and school. Non institutional students will be managed directly by the program with no intervention by a teacher or any middle party. And finally, there are two student types, namely free and paid. Free accounts can access certain levels of curriculum, but not others.

Regarding curriculum, interactive social and game type paradigms are built into the interface. Webcam, whiteboard, chat, and email communications facilitate group projects, competition, and other motivators of a peer related sort. The curriculum is admin created and edited. It has a built in text select/ajax triggered contextual dictionary with 50,000 words, all custom built. I have been working on a grammar parser and a kind of chat bot application that can interact with students as well.

Greatly central to the system is a performance analysis matrix that allows students to see their own weak areas, teachers or parents to zero in on student weakness, schools to identify teacher issues, global to spot school problems, and curriculum developers to manage weaknesses in the learning content.

That is kind of an overview. There is a lot more to say about it, but maybe not for this discussion venue. I might add though, that the indigenous language support is modular in that it can be changed out from Korean to Japanese, or other languages as well.

My direct email is dragnetmarketing1@gmail.com, if you would like to get in touch.

Thanks again for you interest.

Sincerely,
Jeff Rogers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:06 am 
Forum Newbie

Find the correct grouping under the exact management is the key to securing a successful software development team. I am new to programming and doubting if anyone wants to start a small team where we learn composed and create apps and programs. It would be a noble way to gain some knowledge and we may even make some successful things.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:49 pm 
Site Administrator

Jeffrogers wrote:
Hey Christopher
I don't know if my earlier message went through, but I am following up on your kind inquiry regarding an educational platform that I am working on. You appear to have experience in that area, so I am interested in your thoughts.
Thanks again for you interest.

Sincerely,
Jeff Rogers.

That is all interesting, but it is a huge task to implement. Most of the functionality may be available open source in projects like Moodle. It is probably the financial backing and sales/marketing effort that are the most important missing pieces.

(#10850)