API coding

Ye' old general discussion board. Basically, for everything that isn't covered elsewhere. Come here to shoot the breeze, shoot your mouth off, or whatever suits your fancy.
This forum is not for asking programming related questions.

Moderator: General Moderators

tedjack
Forum Newbie

API coding

Post by tedjack »

I have a small website with a shopping cart. When a customer uploads their image, is there a code that will allow the image to be sized by clicking on the corners to make the image smaller or larger and center it on the garment?
Christopher
Site Administrator

Re: API coding

Post by Christopher »

That can be done in the browser with Javascript, or on the backend with one of the PHP image libraries or a graphics application on the server. Have you searched for open source projects that do this kind of image sizing and compositing?
(#10850)
tedjack
Forum Newbie

Post by tedjack »

As I said I know nothing about coding. What I had done was done by a person that knew api integration and what he did was a little to complicated for the average user. That is why Im looking for this easier way to resize the image.
Christopher
Site Administrator

Post by Christopher »

It sounds like you need to get another developer to modify the current code or implement new code.
(#10850)
tedjack
Forum Newbie

Post by tedjack »

I guess if it was raining and my roof was leaking you would tell me to put down my umbrella and get another roof repair person. Great advice.
Celauran

Post by Celauran »

tedjack wrote:I know nothing about coding
This is why you were given that advice. Prior to that, Christopher had given you some suggestions as to how it might be accomplished.
tedjack
Forum Newbie

Post by tedjack »

That advise was really good and intelligent. I used that to talk to a couple of possible developers.
I don't need to say more.
Christopher
Site Administrator

Post by Christopher »

tedjack wrote:I guess if it was raining and my roof was leaking you would tell me to put down my umbrella and get another roof repair person. Great advice.
Yes, if you said your roof was leaking but you didn't know how to repair roofs then you have two options: 1) hire someone to fix your roof or 2) learn how to fix your own roof. It's not that I was stating the obvious -- it's that there are no other options. I was just giving reasonable advice given what your wrote (we get a lot of similar questions here).

We'd be glad to try to help you learn how to fix this image sizer, if you'd like. But you'd need to post the relevant pieces of code and be willing and able to learn some Javascript. We're pretty friendly giving free help here; we just don't do free work for people.
(#10850)
tedjack
Forum Newbie

Post by tedjack »

Im glad you guys are friendly. To your reply to my humorous roof leaking response. There is a third option, get the cat out of the house and go live with your girlfriend until the sun come out.
By the way I found something one to fix my problem. tnx