PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Basics in php
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:11 am 
Forum Newbie

Hello everyone,
I am new user in the forum and new in php too. So i want to that can somebody tell me about basics in php.
All suggestions are acceptable related to php

Thank you
Hire Freelancer :)

Post subject: Re: Basics in php
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:54 am 
Forum Contributor

Refer php.net site.

You can download .chm manual from: http://php.net/get/php_enhanced_en.chm/from/a/mirror

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:51 am 

PHP: The Right Way

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:23 pm 
Forum Newbie

In a lot of cases, if you're looking for a function to do a simple task, somebody on Stackoverflow has asked a similar question and other people have replier. I have found that site very useful. You just need to know which keywords to search for.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:53 am 
Forum Newbie

If you are absolutely a newbie, checkout http://www.w3schools.com/php/. It's recommended to learn a PHP framework not just plain vanilla PHP such as Laravel.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:58 am 

itdevxpert wrote:
If you are absolutely a newbie, checkout http://www.w3schools.com/php/. It's recommended to learn a PHP framework not just plain vanilla PHP such as Laravel.

No and no. W3schools will teach you terrible, insecure, outdated practices. Avoid it like the plague. Also, frameworks are great, but without a foundational understanding of PHP itself, it's going to be too much 'magic' and will likely harm your learning.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:18 am 
Forum Newbie

trisha12345 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am new user in the forum and new in PHP too. So i want to that can somebody tell me about basics in PHP.
All suggestions are acceptable related to PHP

Thank you
Hire Freelancer :)

PHP is a nice choice seeing the number of web applications currently present and the learning curve is quite easy. What I can say is you can never be a 100% master for any any technology or language. There's always something that you will miss out. To start for basics, you could go through CodeAcademy PHP for initial start. You would require basics of HTML like <table><form> tags to just get started. But, it will only get you through basics of the PHP syntax. It is good for understanding and getting started with the syntax. But, eventually you need to learn writing professional code and maintaining the standards. Also, you need to look out for various approaches followed in the industry to get on with it. Following links will help you to overcome the initial hurdles in syntax as well as approach -

1. PHP: The Right Way
2. Becoming a PHP Professional: The Missing Link
3. How do I grow myself technically?
4. Hypertext Preprocessor
5. SitePoint PHP – Learn PHP, MySQL, SOAP & more
6. learn about frameworks and concepts. To grow, you need to have patience. Find a mentor, plan and set goals with milestones. Eventually, 2-3 years down the line you could be doing great and enjoying it.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:33 am 
Forum Newbie

I would have the opinion that PHP is a complete technology and i would suggest that you to go through the complete php in detail and learn all the concepts like Sessions etc., after this i would suggest Database Learning . I would also duggest that you make small projects to gain practical knowledge. Projects like i.e a blog are way easier than an e-commerce site,etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:06 am 
Forum Newbie

For the first step, try to watch few lessons on youtube. I recommend starting practice from WordPress CMS.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:41 am 
Forum Newbie

PHP is a server side scripting language used to build website pages and web applications. Nowadays, many resources available to learn this language.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:04 am 
Forum Newbie

PHP is a server side scripting language used to build web applications and web pages, you can prefer YouTube to learn PHP language...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]