the future of PHP

Ye' old general discussion board. Basically, for everything that isn't covered elsewhere. Come here to shoot the breeze, shoot your mouth off, or whatever suits your fancy.
This forum is not for asking programming related questions.

Moderator: General Moderators

irisemars
Forum Newbie

the future of PHP

Post by irisemars »

recently, I have seen that many projects like to be built by Dot Net than PHP, so do you think PHP will remain for a long time?
Last edited by irisemars on Sun May 13, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher
Site Administrator

Re: the future of PHP

Post by Christopher »

For web development, PHP will remain for a long time.
(#10850)
Panderson
Forum Newbie

Post by Panderson »

I think no one can answer you question. Technology never dies. It updates. Technology is not a piece of stone which is once designed and later it is useless for other purpose. Technology is virtual thing.
Up to PHP4, there were other languages like C#, Java, Python. After that PHP 5 came with some new features. New drivers for sql databases, PDO concept etc.
Again people started think of death of PHP. And guess what - PHP 7 released with new features. PHP is updating and equipped itself with security, scalability features and better and better day by day.
Personally I don’t think that the popular scripting language like PHP will die ever.
Vegan
Forum Regular

Post by Vegan »

WordPress uses PHP and it is used by 60% of websites. So do not worry about PHP. It will be maintained. Same for WordPress.
Hardcore Games™ Legendary is the Only Way to Play™