PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

Obi-Wan I think still has to learn himself...and I think after what happens in Episode 2 and 3, it makes him the man in Episode 4 that we thought was so cool.

While Anakin's acting wasn't the best, he did play a good 'dark-side turning' jedi, I especially liked his "I didn't just kill the men" scene, and the music was right on cue.

All in all, I loved the movie.

And Yoda kicked ass! I mean...I was wondering how the little guy would fight, and thought it would look awkward, well, hell no. They planned it nicely, wth the jumping and the spinning, it worked very well. Now we see just how strong Yoda really is.

I will admit that Obi-Wan wasn't given the skills in the final scene that he deserved...but unfortunately, I think they wanted to up-play Anakin's scene.

And that final clone army scene, well hell, that was cool.

:D :D :D :D

A happy Star Wars fan...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 7:56 am 
Forum Contributor

I saw the film the other night and have to say I was pretty impressed with it in general, the only bad poiunt was that I didn't think Anakin was the best actor I'd ever seen. I'd give it 8/10. The best bits were Yoda doing his Jedi powers and the amazing bit where the big ol' crowd of Jedis fought the droids, that was cool. Having led a sheltered life this is only the 2nd star wars film I have seen (the first being episode 1) and I think the whole lot are pretty darned good :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 8:32 am 
Site Admin

You are doing yourself a great injustice by not seeing the original 3. Not only are the good flicks and fun to watch, but a lot of what you see in Episode 1 and 2 seem so much more amazing (and you will even catch the inside jokes).

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 11:56 am 
Forum Contributor

I agree that the acting left much to be desired. The effects were greatl. That said, I would not waste my time or money to see it again.
Direwolf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:54 am 
Forum Contributor

It was disappointing and I'm pretty much a diehard, hardcore SW fan. So for me to be disappointed is bad. The acting was terrible and the only great scene was Yoda fighting Count Dooku. Plus the fact that I love Natalie Portman, heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:07 am 
Forum Regular

Sorry guys, didn't like it at all.

I am beginning to see why they originally chose to produce episodes 4,5 and 6 only. It looks like the first three have pretty poor story lines, but hey Lucas needs the money, right?

Mike