PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:33 pm 
Forum Contributor

I am 32 and am about to graduate from college, and Even though I did it later in life (I was in the Army for four years[ Persian Gulf War and all]), college is a good thing. There is more to experience than just knowing how to code. Knowing how to relate to people is, for one, an extremely necessary trait in this business.

Direwolf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:44 pm 
Forum Regular

my brother was talking to me about colleges...he was talking about all the different types of classes they offered. Im considering taking psychology as a sort of...course on the side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:54 pm 
Forum Contributor

It is amazing how much an instructor can influence you. I took Geology 101 because I thought it looked easy. It, by far and large, was anything but easy but the instructor was great at her job. I now am going to graduate with a Geology minor (a math minor too) and I intend on working on my Ph.D. in Geology and one day becoming a college level instructor. Keep your mind open when it is time to choose those college classes. There is so much to learn. You will probably (like I did) find something that intrigues you that you never thought would or possibly did not know exists. There are good reasons for Colleges requiring you to take "University Program" courses. The main one being providing you with a well rounded education (whether you like it or not <g>) and the other could possibly be to raise revenue... LOL well, I am not sure about that one but it seems that way every time I have to pay that tuition bill! <g>

Direwolf