PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:04 am 
Forum Commoner

I am interested in making a career out of web designing. I have some basic knowledge and can do some designing work but in order to be good in designing and take it as a profession how much time should I consume in designing in order to become a professional web designer?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:38 pm 
Site Administrator

It is like the question: "How long is a piece of string?" There is no single answer. If you enjoy web design and you have some talent at it then get to work.

(#10850)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:17 am 
Forum Newbie

It all depends on your practice. The more you practice , the more you learn and the early you can learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:52 am 
Forum Newbie

All depend on your knowledge and practice .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:08 pm 
Forum Newbie

Its depend on you. Practice is most important. If you do hardwork and more learn so you can became a good designer early.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:28 am 
Forum Newbie

Hi,
For becoming a good designer you have to gain some knowledge about it and do practice and design some web pages. You learn web designing online with the tutorials available for it. Read some book regarding to the topic and search some other material for it and do more and more practices.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:18 am 
Forum Newbie

Actually, it all depends on your perseverance and determination. And practice, of course. No certificate can replace experience

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:41 pm 
Forum Newbie

work experience and creativity will help you succeed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:51 am 
Forum Newbie

Hi,
I'm new to web designing. I am working on my site since September and haven't gotten anywhere yet. I have been studying books on html, xhtml and I run through the w3c.school everyday. It is an online tutorial for learning, training and testing.

You can also go there to learn about designing.
Thanks!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:09 am 
Forum Newbie

There is no way to say how long it would take for someone to become a good web designer. As with almost everything else, it depends on each person's own skills and practice. Some people are just more creative and design websites with ease. But in all cases, in order to be good at this, you need to constantly practice and be up-to-date with the latest trends in this sphere :)

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:51 am 
Forum Newbie

I maybe a little late in replying..but its because i just saw this. My opinion is that at a bare minimum you need to know HTML and CSS. It's easy enough to make a web page for a friend, for a band, for a local small business that is simple and static. Maybe - MAYBE a few months, depending how quickly you learn. However - you have to know how to *host* this webpage - so you can learn a little about that (FTP - not a programming language, but something to know). This can be learned in an afternoon. Bear in mind that this is the absolute minimum necessary to achieve base proficiency. You might be able to learn faster but, realistically, most people will take a few months before they are able to build something start to finish. However, becoming an expert takes years and requires several years of experience / work on several large projects.