Where To Start If I want to make an active text editor

HTML, CSS and anything else that deals with client side capabilities.

Moderator: General Moderators

PHPHelpNeeded
Forum Commoner

Where To Start If I want to make an active text editor

Post by PHPHelpNeeded »

Hi,

Where would I start if I want to make a active text editor that would high light nouns and adjectives with certain colors.

The question is, is there a TextArea input html tag that might allow you to do this sort of thing?

I know javascript might have the solution, but I cannot get IISNODE to run properly on IIS. therefore I cannot run JS from my web server.

Thanks.
Celauran

Re: Where To Start If I want to make an active text editor

Post by Celauran »

JS runs client side, so whether you can get it running on your server or not is moot. Are you looking at something like TinyMCE?
PHPHelpNeeded
Forum Commoner

Post by PHPHelpNeeded »

can you edit text written between the <textarea>My text</textarea> tags of TinyMCE with CSS, like highlighting a certain verb, noun, adjective?\\

I know this question is based on the beginning question, but this question is whether you can SUPLEMENT TinyMCE with CSS?
PHPHelpNeeded
Forum Commoner

Post by PHPHelpNeeded »

Ah never mind, I just read from this link: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_text.asp that you can do what I mostly asked, but not narrowly to an specific word in the content.

Like for instance any text between a h1 or p tag or whether will be affected by CSS, included the text I want to exclude from the special editing.

Unless I am wrong.