PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:33 pm 
Forum Contributor

Hi, I am trying something new. My first experiment failed. So before I bang my head against a wall :-) I thought I would ask if it is even possible.

This code works. I have it in a table which is inside a form and when I click the form's submit button a page is called and I loop the fooMelody to get at the data.
Syntax: [ Download ] [ Hide ]
echo("<td style='" . $StyleVaries . ";border:1px #c0c0c0 solid;text-align:left;vertical-align:top;width:5px;height:18px;' ><input type='textbox' name='fooMelody[]' value='$ParticipateMelody' readonly style='width:10px' onclick='funcInsertM(this.value,$CurrRow)'></td>\n");

This code also works.
[syntax=php]   echo("<td style='" . $StyleVaries . ";border:1px #c0c0c0 solid;text-align:left;vertical-align:top;width:180px;height:18px;' ><a href='/BIAB/$fldKF_BIAB_File' download>$fldSNF_SongName</a></td>\n");[/syntax]

So I want to pick up the song name in a loop in the resulting page the same was as the text box data above. However I prefer not to set it up as a text box. So I tried the code adjustment below. It accepts it but bombs in the resulting page.
   echo("<td style='" . $StyleVaries . ";border:1px #c0c0c0 solid;text-align:left;vertical-align:top;width:180px;height:18px;' ><a name='fooSongName[]' value='$fldSNF_SongName' href='/BIAB/$fldKF_BIAB_File' download>$fldSNF_SongName</a></td>\n");

I did some google searches and the <a> tag does not seem to have a value= parameter. It occurred to me I could set up a hidden column with a textbox duplicate of the song name and get that to work. However I am wondering if there is a simpler way. I have another table on the very same form and it is just a regular table display column. I am wondering if I can get at it in the resulting page as well.

Unfortunately if I can't get it to work within about 3 hours I need to leave this project until April and figure out a way to get it out of my mind :-) Not that easy for me to do :-( and the project I need to get done for March 31st is ultra critical. What would be helpful would be if someone could point out a book or whatever where I can find 1,000 ways to access an HTML table in a php result page (one for programmers new to a language). Any thoughts? I will start reading it in April :-)

Thanks,
John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:28 pm 
Site Administrator

Use <textarea>:
   echo("<td style='" . $StyleVaries . ";border:1px #c0c0c0 solid;text-align:left;vertical-align:top;width:180px;height:18px;' ><textarea name='fooSongName[]' cols='60' rows='2'>$fldSNF_SongName</textarea></td>\n");

(#10850)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:16 pm 
Forum Contributor

Thanks Christopher, it is good to know I can do that. Ultimately what I want it to be able to both 1/ loop the column of the table in the form using PHP and 2/ download if that table cell is clicked on. So I was thinking that using textarea to allow for the looping I might have to put in an "onclick call in each cell to a JavaScript function and execute the download from there. I did a google search out of curiosity to see if it was doable and the link below suggests it might be. I will dig into it in April. clicking on the text area to download it requires it not disturb the page.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3749231/download-file-using-javascript-jquery