Default Code Rendering

We know you have an opinion on how things should be run around here. These are suggestions for the forums, and the website.This forum is not a place to ask for suggestions to your own coding (or otherwise) problems.

Moderator: General Moderators

Benjamin
Site Administrator

Default Code Rendering

Post by Benjamin »

Can we please change the default code rendering from text to php? I mean... this being a PHP forum and all, it just makes sense and I can't imagine that this is a hard mod. Users just don't know they need to add =php in the

Code: Select all

tag.  It's a lot easier to read the code and answer questions when the code is highlighted.

Has anyone looked into this?  Do we need a volunteer?
John Cartwright
Site Admin

Re: Default Code Rendering

Post by John Cartwright »

We try to keep our forum software vanilla to allow for painless upgrades (since we want to keep our forums up to date). We have learned from past experience modd'ing the forums just isn't practical under our circumstances.

Although I do agree. Such a change would not take much effort and will probably present more properly formatted posts. However, I believe we had a discussion about adding a php button, but wasn't implemented for the above mentioned reason.
socket1
Forum Commoner

Re: Default Code Rendering

Post by socket1 »

Could a plugin be written to detect if <?php ?> tags are in a post and append and prepend the tags ?