PHP Developers Network

A community of PHP developers offering assistance, advice, discussion, and friendship.

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:49 am 
Forum Newbie

Hi,

I want to start a project where members can buy and sell videogames and have some experience in OOP programing in MVC with actionscript and PHP. I'm looking for the best way to setup this platform with the benefits of all there is today on the frameworks. I want to speedup the process to make use of frameworks with functions which I use.

I think I need a simple webshop framework like Opencart e.g and build the rest on top of it so that members can also sell their own videogames. What framework will do the trick best for me in this situation? I've play a little with Codeigniter but I'm asking myself if this will be good enough for future extensions ore must I go for Zend or Sympony with an ecommerce module or framework? Can you also tell me why it is the best setup for this platform?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:04 am 
Forum Newbie

I usually used magento framework and its have awesome modules and very easy way to developed a web application like eCommerce sites so you can point out Magento is best for me or not instead of Os-commerce and WordPress.so my point of view magento framework is the best framework for e commerce..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:30 am 
Forum Newbie

As per my opinion, Magento and symphony both are best as a framework. You can try any of them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:58 am 
Forum Newbie

Actually Magento is not a framework, it is based on Zend framework, but if you want a free ecommerce system it will be the best option. I found that CodeIgniter Framework suits well for your requirements. Because, it has the Shopping Cart application called GoCart, which helps to develop a ecommerce application cleaner & quicker.