Facebook apps section.

We know you have an opinion on how things should be run around here. These are suggestions for the forums, and the website.This forum is not a place to ask for suggestions to your own coding (or otherwise) problems.

Moderator: General Moderators

klevis miho
Forum Contributor

Facebook apps section.

Post by klevis miho »

I think it would be useful to add a section for php facebook applications.
social_experiment
DevNet Master

Re: Facebook apps section.

Post by social_experiment »

Good idea, i'd also like to see such a section on the forum if possible
“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.” - Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering
klevis miho
Forum Contributor

Post by klevis miho »

Because the facebook section on stackoverflow is kind of confusing.
social_experiment
DevNet Master

IMO even their own forums are confusing; good if you are already into it but real tricky if you're new at writing the applications
“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.” - Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering
pickle
Briney Mod

Post by pickle »

We (the mods/admins) are generally quite hesitant to create new forums unless there is a demonstrated need. To date I don't recall seeing a single question on Facebook apps, so I don't think a separate forum is yet necessary.
Real programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
klevis miho
Forum Contributor

Post by klevis miho »

2 times in my life I wanted to discuss php facebook apps in this forum, but didn't know where to put it. So discussed it in the facebook forum and then on stackoverflow.
social_experiment
DevNet Master

@pickle what's the average amount of requests that would make the mods / admins consider such a section?
pickle
Briney Mod

Post by pickle »

@klevis - I would imagine the best place for it would be PHP Code.
@social_experiment - I can't give you a solid number. Basically there has to be enough that the majority of active admins notice the volume, and agree the topics are unique enough (ie: they don't fit into an existing forum) to warrant their own forum.
Real programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.