Graphic Design

We know you have an opinion on how things should be run around here. These are suggestions for the forums, and the website.This forum is not a place to ask for suggestions to your own coding (or otherwise) problems.

Moderator: General Moderators

gregwhitworth
Forum Commoner

Graphic Design

Post by gregwhitworth »

Graphics, I'm all about graphics. Scripting is not my thing, but I love a good challenge. I think that the graphics on this site could be upgraded, even if it is subtle changes. I mean, even the colors in the logo don't match the site. Now like I said, I am not scriptor and I believe that phpdn uses PHPBB, and I don't truly know what you can, or can't customize with it, but I would for love for us to try.

Anyone have any ideas on graphic updates???
Kieran Huggins
DevNet Master

Post by Kieran Huggins »

phpBB templates are certainly an option. If you created (or modified) one it could potentially be added as an alternative to the default.
Benjamin
Site Administrator

Post by Benjamin »

I think the number of templates available here are an indication of how much PHP developers like to design templates.
alex.barylski
DevNet Evangelist

Post by alex.barylski »

I'm strictly a developer...although I occasionally manage to hammer some neat looking designs...the weeks it takes me is never worth my effort.

OP: I say start investigating. I'd love to see your graphical talents.
RobertGonzalez
Site Administrator

Post by RobertGonzalez »

The worse that could happen is we could snarl at your suggestions. Do you have a design (or two) that you want to throw out to the community?
gregwhitworth
Forum Commoner

Post by gregwhitworth »

Not yet, I was just wondering if it was even capable. I could throw together a concept or two though. Don't expect it quickly or anything.

--
Greg